POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability? : Re: Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability?
From: gimi
Date: 3 May 2003 12:37:40
Message: <3eb3f054$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> gimi <gim### [at] psicoch> wrote:
>>What du you need recursion for?
>
>   POV-Ray functions do not support iterative control structures. The only
> way of making a loop with functions is using recursion (as in any functional
> language).

I see that now...  I have just tried to do that
fractal pigment function thing myself.  What a pity! :(

<sulk>
Now I just feel like never calling the POV-Ray language
a "programming language" again!!
</sulk> ;)

g.

--
Be very careful to never use Date::Manip twice in the same
program, or you could form a black hole! :-)